Greetings Magic-Users, apprentices and other magical beings!
I’ve been thinking lately about Spell Components. Here are some comments off the top of my head.
1. Spell components should be limited in use to one per spell. Allowing two per spell might be possible with an advanced move. More than two components per spell would be out of the question in my games.
2. The cost of spell components seems too low given their power over the dice. In fact, as time goes by, I’m tempted to increase the cost of all POWER-affecting items: components, staff, orb, and wands.
3. Magic-Users with the time and materials should be able to manufacture spell components using the CRAFT downtime move. Need to think about the possibility of discovering spell component SUPPLIES in the wild or in dungeons (magical monster guts yay!)
4. Remember to include spell components when the treasure roll indicates, “A useful item.”
5. I like the idea of other items acting as batteries of spell power, e.g. a magical talisman or crystal serving as “Spell Components, 5 uses”
6. Other classes should be able to buy/find/craft plusses to their power pools!
Looking forward to your thoughts.