I’m working on my submission for “Grim Portents” (the name in progress fanzine for Dungeon World). Unfortunately, I’m running out of time. This is what I have so far.
– What urgent errand brought you back to Daedmyre?
– How many villagers were dragged off that first night?
– Who was the first villager to notice the ice mummers?
– How many days has it been since the mountain pass was closed?
– When the moonlight pierced the cloudy night sky, what shape shown on the long frozen lake?
– Wintery hush as wet snow falls
– Methodical crunching of bones
– Moonlit silhouettes of ice men
– A spray of blood on the fallen snow
– A cairn topped with a flat runic stone
– Crowded village great hall with once roaring fire and now roaring voices
– A mother with panicked desperation in her eyes
– Furniture being torn apart for firewood
– Hollow eyes with icy sheen
– Tracks of someone struggling as they were dragged off
– A massive spire of ice bursting from the frozen lake
– A man hastily fleeing the village
– Howls of wolves drawing closer
– Bells of the church ringing in warning
– Mountain pass choked off through heavy snowfall
– Icicles hanging from a wooden sign
– A murder of crows noisily taking flight
– Chittering rats munching on spring’s seeds
– Thump of snow falling from nearby trees
– Trees and bushes encased in thick layers of clear ice
(Family visiting for a week + Smallworld + Bohnanza + Bang! means no game writing for me)
I’m going for a Dungeon Starter, but may settle for something else. If this doesn’t work out, I’ve got a map and a random table to submit.