When a PC is using Hack and Slash (or Volley for that matter) against a group of enemies, do you spread the damage the PC does around? Or do you apply the full damage to each enemy? If you spread it around, how does armor apply?
PC is facing down five bandits, each with 1 armor and 3 hp. The PC rolls 10 damage. Does the PC…
* Kill one bandit with 10 damage
* Do 10/5 = 2 damage to each bandit, with armor meaning each takes 1.
* Do four damage each to two bandits, killing them, and the extra two to another bandit, so that he takes one damage after armor.
* Do 10 damage to each of the five, killing them all?
* Do 10 damage each to some reasonable subset of them, killing some of them (GM’s discretion)
* Something else?
For reference, on page 58 it says “If the action that triggers the move could reasonably hurt multiple targets roll once and apply damage to each target (they each get their armor).”