DW Hack to share, for one-shot play and to actually get to play high level moves.
1. At the end of a scene, if you have marked XP or feel you should from alignment and standard end-of-session questions, level and reduce xp by one.
2. Stats: Start with 18, 17, 16, 15, 13, 10 . When you level, do not increase a stat.
3. Debilities: You are playing ancient adventures, and have all 6 debilities. Group these into 2 or 3 “afflictions”, which are ailments you have – gout, necromantic arm falling off, and an evil deity speaking to you were all used.
4. Liberal use of magic items – i wrote up a bunch, and put them in a sack. When they were at a point where they’d get equipment, draw from the sack – I did one draw per player. This included plenty of potions of remove affliction, and rings of physical health. At least one of these was “make something up”, and another couple were “pick something from the book”.
5. Moves: ignore the 2-6, 6-10 split, as you are veterans who are relearning.
This made for fast leveling, and leveling was easier than normal. One character ended at 7th level.
It worked well for what it was – a gonzo, no-prep, quick, fun version of dungeon world designed for a one-shot.