Barbarian Outsider Questions
I enjoy the Barbarian’s Outsider racial move. However, I’m finding I’m running a bit thin on questions for the Barbarian in my group. Any suggestions or existing lists?
Here’s what I’ve used so far (omitting followup questions that only make sense for his character):
– Why did you leave your people?
– What is taboo to your people?
– What weapons do your people typically use?
– What is your people’s land like?
– How do your people look differently from “civilized” people here?
– What do your people do that “civilized” people find distasteful or taboo?
– How do your people treat magic?
A few of my favorite answers from our group’s Barbarian:
– Why did you leave your people? The tribe used to be warlike, but has since settled into a peaceful, prosperous existance. Young adults still felt the need to prove themselves, so now they’re sent out on rumspringa to minimize in-tribe violence.
– What is taboo to your people? Allowing someone else to write your name; it grants them power over you. Everyone can write their own name, spouses can write each others, and parents can write their children’s.