Hey, I think it’s time to release a new book. This time I wrote an adventure module for Dungeon World. Here’s the pitch:
All the dungeons have been looted, all the monsters have been slain, and this land is free from the oppression of mad sorcerers and marauding armies. There is no longer any need for adventurers like you, and not a single opportunity for you to get rich left in these parts… or is there? Deep in the Haunted Forest you stand, directly in front of the lost stronghold of Fearsome Forbus and the Unknown Wizard—two of the greatest dungeon raiders that ever lived. Will you leave laden down with all their precious loot? Or will you uncover horrors this land thought dead and buried, never to return?
Lair of the Unknown is an introductory adventure module for the Dungeon World fantasy role-playing game. Inside you will find:
– A complete dungeon, full of traps and horrors, ready for you to explore.
– New monsters, characters, and magical items to vex or aid the PCs.
– Dungeon fronts—dangers that lie dormant and only activate when the PCs discover them.
– Customized starting procedures and advice about asking the players questions that contribute to the setting.
– Three new compendium classes and a new base class: the Dungeoneer.
– Fantastic art by Nate Marcel and others.
It’s 110 pages, 6×9 in print, 5.5×8.5 in pdf. DriveThruRPG and RPGNow, and also a Lulu print option. As far as adventure modules go, it’s not revolutionary or anything, it’s just tailored to Dungeon World, and I believe it will be an asset to both experienced GMs and novices.
Clearinghouse of linkage: