Looking for feedback.
I’m running a new (read: first ever) DW adventure soon and wanted to include some custom moves. The first leg of the journey is across a treacherous sea wherein the adventurers encounter more than one danger. Since most of this session will take place on a ship I thought it right to add some ship related moves. Below is an original move I made for the game plus a modified move from the DW Guide.
1. Knife Slide Down A Sail
“When you stab in to the sail and ride the tear to the deck like a grinning scoundrel, roll +Dex.”
On a 10+
– You land safely. Add +1 hold if you flourish.
On a 7 – 9
– You land, but amongst a cacophany of battle
On a miss,
– You stop short in the sail. Loose the knife to catch a rope(+Dex) or drop to the deck for1d4 damage.
2. Swinging of the Rigging
“When you swing on the rigging toward some scurvy bastard with a cutlass in your teeth, roll +Dex.
On a 10+
– you knock them over and gain 1 hold.
On a 7-9
– you are both knocked over and fall in to a tangled pile.
On a miss
– you or your weapon is flung overboard.
Would love some pointers as I’m still learning the ropes (pun intended?) of Dungeon World.