Reasons for the smuggling and selling of halflings
Looking to tap your brain juices for a a danger/front that one of my players came up with during our first session.
They were exploring a ship that drifted ashore seemingly without a living soul aboard. Asking establishing questions, Thalda the halfling thief, who grew up as the only halfling in the entire capital, said the ship was rumored to be smuggling halflings. The following things has been established during the subsequent sessions:
* The halflings where fleeing a foreign city where halflings are doing slave labour.
* The halflings aboard the ship where eaten by a sea hag, who also transformed all of the human crew into horrible mutated sea thralls
* The boxes the halflings were kept in was marked with a symbol of a horrible thieves guild in the closest town, the Red Rock Guild.
*The Red Rock is a landmark close to this town, a known place for smugglers
* The Thief has a contact in this town. Together they broke into a noble woman’s house in the capital, and uncovered a symbol similar to a medallion the Thief stole from another noble sometime later.
* The Thief suspects this medallion is connected to the halfling smuggling somehow