Had a great one shot last night when not all of my usual group could show up. The players played a goblin thief, human brawler, elf-ish skydancer, and an elf druid. The thief and brawler were crooks working for a crime boss that was entirely made up by the thief, as in he had convinced the people they were getting money from that there was a crime boss when there wasn’t. The skydancer was their scout and lookout and the druid was working with them while out on her “world exploration” journey.
They made a city called Necromunda, which was so big that it’s eight districts were each the size of a normal fantasy city. They had sent a messenger NPC named James to “negotiate” with a new tavern owner. James told them the barkeep would only pay them if the thief and brawler went in person.
Well that ended up being a trap by the local thieves guild. The highlights of the game:
– The brawler treating being poisoned like any other bender every time he got poisoned.
– The thief being punted off a roof and landing in a dumpster by the big bad, masked thieves guild leader, Red Death.
– The local brothel mistress revealing herself to be a vampire when the group finds out the location of the thieves guild hideout, directly under the graveyard she and her brood were ousted from.
– The thief making a deal with the vampiress to clear out the thieves den and remove the wards keeping her and her sisters out.
– The druid spending half the session as a surprisingly useful dog-sized spider that put the brawler in a constant uncomfortable state.
– Everyone having to climb up the spider-druid’s web rope that was thereafter referred to as the “anal cord”.
– The group facing Red Death and his goons in a trapped room and doing great with dodging the traps.
– The skydancer matrix dodging every crossbow bolt they fired at her.
– The fight with the “pet” black pudding that ended up with it engulfing Red Death just when all of his firebombs he was carrying went off, killing it and him.
– The brawler beating the crap out of a guy while the vampires did their slow motion “cool walk” past him.
– The thief finding out Red Death was James the whole time.
I love this game.