Looking for feedback on my compendium class idea. Thinking of sending this in for the Discern Realities Podcast contest. Any thoughts or suggestions?
When you become infected by a powerful fungus and choose to enter into a symbiotic relationship with it, you can take this compendium class.
Spurt Ergotic Spores
When you spurt your ergotic spores, describe the hallucination and desired mind altering effect on those that would inhale them. Then roll + CON.
On a 10+ the hallucination and effect occur as desired. You cannot spurt ergotic spores again until you fill your ergotic spore sacs.
On a 7-9, the same as 10+, but choose one:
– You draw unwanted attention or put yourself in a spot.
– You get a less powerful effect and/or duration than desired.
– You affect an unintended target (or targets) as well.
The GM will tell you how.
When you take time to excrete your enzymes into dead organic matter and absorb nutrition from it, roll + CON. On a 10+ choose two, on a 7-9 choose one.
– Learn a useful bit of knowledge about the organic matter, or something it knew when it was alive. The GM will tell you what.
– Heal 1d8 damage.
– Consume a ration.
– Fill your ergotic spore sacs.
If performed while making camp do not roll and choose two.
When you connect your hyphae to the fungal network running throughout the area, roll + CON. On a 10+ the GM will tell you something interesting and useful about one of the following, your choice.
– The shape and contours of the area
– The flora and fauna that inhabit it
On a 7-9, still choose, but the GM will only tell you something interesting.