So, bonds, and their type and number:
I don’t find the DW book very clear about how many bonds each PC should have. From a literal reading I think the rules are:
* At chargen, you may fill in the bonds pre-printed on your sheet – you cannot make up whole bonds yourself.
* At chargen, you must have at least one bond
* At chargen, you may have multiple bonds with the same other PC – the only limit is the number of bonds pre-printed.
* After chargen, the size of your bond set is fixed at that size – there’s no way to grow it.
* When you resolve a bond (max one at the end of a each session) you may replace it, and at this point you may make up your own bond text.
* If a character you have a bond with dies permanently, or otherwise leaves the game, undefined.
* If at chargen there is only one PC, undefined (but it seems natural to just ignore bonds in that case).
1) Is that what the rules really say?
2) Is that what Sage LaTorra and Adam Koebel meant? (it sounds a bit odd, particularly the set being fixed at an arbitrary size after chargen)
3) Is that good? E.g. for even experienced DW players, is the “you must start with only pre-printed bonds” a good idea? (I suspect not)