Imagine a packet that included:
– A regional map, with names & locations
– Name lists (people, places, towns, ruins, groups, etc.) appropriate to the map
– Background moves (as replacement for race moves, or maybe just in addition to them)
– Variants of the core class playbooks, with updated with name, bond, look, and equipment lists by region; maybe slightly different moves, too, and space to write in a background move
– Lists of questions & impressions (like in a dungeon starter), sorted by locale
– Possibly: some monsters, items, & custom moves thematically linked to the map and impressions
At the beginning of a DW campaign, you’d show the players the map, hand out the playbooks, and commence building the world together. But the names, bonds, and gear, starting questions, etc. would be biased towards a coherent style, feel, etc. Different packets would have different feels, themes, etc.
There’d still be plenty of blanks to fill in, but the packet would jump start a game in a particular direction.
Would you use something like this? Pay for it? Be interested in helping to make it?