I don’t get to game with nephew very often. I think the last time was a Dungeon World game toward the end of last year. He was playing a warforged fighter named Ssor, his name backwards. That game he joined my regular group for a pretty epic session that involved some planar hopping and time travel. Looks like I’m going to run another session for him tonight, so I wrote this up for the session.
After traveling to Hell and back, you set out from Hamshire to hunt down the demons that escaped through the portal that brought you back to the world. When you track down and battle the demon Garmantragashador, roll +STR. On a 10+ pick 2, on a 7-9 pick 1.
* You take off Garmantragashador’s head, sending him back to hell.
* Those that witness the battle see the demon’s true form and know you did not simply kill an unarmed man.
* You take from Garmantragashador the crescent moon-shaped Pendant of Arman Thul, which allows its wearer to bind shadows to their bidding.
* Garmantragashador does not mark you. If he had you would have become a beacon for evil things.
What does Garmantragashador look like? In human form? Demon form?
What were Garmantragashador’s last words to you?
If you were marked, where? What does it look like?
The Mark of Garmantragashador
When you are marked by the demon Garmantragashador:
* All foes faced with a choice of who to attack will choose you.
* If you are in hostile territory on a miss tell the GM the following: Until I arrive at a place of safety, any Defy Danger roll of 7-9 by me may draw attract a wandering monster.
When you discover how to remove the Mark of Garmantragashador the GM will detail 1-4 of the following requirements:
* The blood of a magical creature
* Midnight on the full or new moon
* A circle and/or rune drawn with a magical substance
* A significant sacrifice
* A priest of Law or Good
* Slay a powerful creature
The Pendant of Arman Thul
The shadowy powers of forgotten Arman Thul may only be called upon after sunset. When you use the pendant to call upon the long dead wizard’s powers, roll +WIS. On a 10+ hold 3, on a 7-9 hold 1. Spend hold 1-for-1 to:
* Gather shadows around you, making yourself one with the shadows for a short time.
* Gather shadows around a creatures eyes, shadowing their vision for a short time.
* Gather shadows into the shape of your choosing, creating a shadow illusion for a short time.