Last night, I was trying to come up with some custom moves for the climactic scene of today’s #DungeonWorld adventure. What does everyone think of these?
When you bond the Eye of the Cyclops to Shaman Liri’s staff, roll+DEX. On a 10, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
* The eye bonds firmly and will not shake loose during the healing ritual;
* It doesn’t take very long;
* The giant spiders don’t see you there.
When you call upon the Eye of the Cyclops to heal the LightStone, roll+WIS. On a 10, the stone is healed and your foes banished by the light coming from the newly-restored stone. On a 7-9, choose two:
* You aren’t blinded during the ritual;
* Shaman Liri escapes harm;
* The staff doesn’t explode.
On a miss the ritual fails unless you choose none of he above.
I’m new to this and I realise that the “Shaman Liri escapes harm” choice/outcome isn’t actually linked to the trigger, it’s just something that can happen in the scene. Is this a bad idea?