I’ve been glancing at the preview document of Freebooting Venus, the last game of Vincent Baker.
This move has called my attention:
Examining Your Treasure
When you examine your unexamined treasure, for each 1 treasure you examine, roll two dice and choose:
1. Enough to buy a new weapon, armor, a spell tablet, or any particular piece of equipment or treasure, and the opportunity to do so.
2. Enough to hire or retain someone’s services.
3. Enough to lay the foundation for or invest in an estate or an endeavor, and the opportunity to do so.
4. Enough to move to better lodgings, and the opportunity to do so.
5. Enough to pay off your debts, or enough to save ahead, and the opportunity to do so.
6. Enough to take the time and make the investment to cultivate yourself and pursue your own character development, and the opportunity to do so.
Any roll: enough for a time of high living, generosity, and extravagance, and the opportunity to indulge in it.
If you roll doubles, instead:
1. An item from another world.
2. An item of historical significance and value.
3. An item that holds power over a ghost.
4. An item of magical potency.
5. An item signifcant, sentimental, or dangerous to someone great.
6. An item of unique beauty.
Ask the GM to tell you about it.
If you did not roll what you hoped:
• If you have saved ahead, erase the mark and change either die to any number.
• If you have no debts, mark that you have debt, and change either die to any number.
• If you already have debts, you cannot change your roll.
• But no matter your roll, it’s always enough for a time of high living
I love the narrative seeds and the promotion of treasure as a story booster.
I think it would be easily adapted to DW. What do you think?