Hey, so, since you guys were so good with helping me get a template for making a class that one time, I’d figure I’d ask you for help with making the class itself!
Here’s what I’m looking at:
– The class is called “The Wrestler”. It’s a class based on professional wrestling and all of the crazy things that come with it. The class is based around engaging one foe in a battle of strength and showing off as much as possible.
– Race options are Human, Dwarf and Robot. Robot race choice inspired by things like Real Steel, Pacific Rim and Gurren Lagann. The Human racial move makes it so you take +1 if you Parley with the promise to display a wrestling move as leverage. More on the Dwarf and Robot later.
– Alignments (AKA Drives) are “Fame” (make a fan out of a person you helped), “Glory” (hinder yourself or your party in some way in order to look cool) and “Destruction” (pick a fight or cause general chaos for no reason).
– Primary stats are STR and CON, with CHA as a secondary. You don’t needs brains as a Wrestler, only brawns! And a charming personality.
– Starting move list looks as follows:
– move where you create an elaborate and difficult-to-pull-off signature technique. It currently adds +3 damage to your damage roll if you pull it off; looking for feedback on that.
– move where when you wrestle with someone, you roll +STR and then get hold. The hold options are; create an opportunity to use your signature move or grapple (more on that later), deal damage equal to half of your level, rounded up, deal damage as if you rolled 7-9 on Hack and Slash, and expose the enemy to your “tag-team partner”, giving them +1 against that enemy. You hold 3 on 10+, 1 on 7-9. Dwarf’s thing is that they get 1 hold even on a 6. This is the one I’m most “eh” on.
– move where you grapple with your opponent. It’s +CON, and on a 10+, you get a successful grapple off. On a 7-9, it doesn’t last very long and you may be put into a compromising position. A little iffy about this one, but I don’t think it needs to be entirely reworked, just adjusted a little.
– move where if you encounter someone who’s a fan of yours, they’ll be much more willing to listen to you than your party members and they’ll do most of what you say. What they’ll do without asking for compensation or not doing it outright depends on A) how much they like you and B) how powerful they are. That’s to be discussed with the GM.
– The Robot’s racial move is something I’m really iffy on. Right now, it just allows you reroll any wrestling-related roll once per fight, but I’d like something less generic than that, y’know?
– Haven’t got much down in terms of advanced moves besides “Face” and “Heel”. You can pick one but then you can’t pick the other. Faces can give +1 to their allies twice per battle while Heels take 1 less damage from everything that doesn’t completely ignore armor.
That’s about everything. Looking for suggestions and advice.