Wanted to share a food item I made for my Dungeon Rations Zine:
A strip of oily black flesh poking from the hollow of a gleaming white claw. The sickly-sweet smell makes you feel like you’re looking at the back of your own head. It has a surprisingly nutty and satisfying flavor. The flesh itself is oily and smooth, but your teeth crunch on small flecks of a reflective red metal.
When you eat the flesh of the claw, roll 1d6. The table below describes how your body is affected by the meat until it passes from your body.
1. You vanish to the Black Gate. You are not dead, and you are invisible to death themself. Don’t push your luck.
2. Your body falls asleep, with your mind waking up in the body of the nearest Kaltcha.
3. You develop a patch of red and white fur on the bridge of your nose, and a sharp pain in your jaw.
4. Your skin takes on the oily black and red flecked appearance of the meat. You feel stretchy and lithe.
5. You really want another kaltcha claw. You’d do anything for another. Maybe you can find a way to eat the same piece again?
6. You find the meat bizarre but pleasing. You feel more distant from your friends.