Here’s the Threats chapter for #Stonetop. I’ve been bugging y’all so much lately with my posts about Fronts, I figure I owe you a peak at what I’ve been working on.
The biggest differences between this and Fronts are:
* There aren’t actually fronts & dangers. I found that structure to just not fit for Stonetop’s heavily-local setup.
* Instead, it’s much more like AW 2e… there are just threats. (Though, unlike AW, not everything is a threat.)
* Any given threat may or may not have an impending doom, grim portents, or stakes.
* The threat types are different from the danger types, though they cover similar ground. Again, lots of AW influence in here.
* There aren’t prescriptive subtypes with proscribed impulses, just lots of examples.
* Also, I scrapped the difference between impulse and instinct… I just couldn’t see enough of a difference to justify the distinction.
As always: feedback and questions are both welcome and greatly appreciated!