I’ve been tinkering a lot with the basic and special moves recently, for use in #Stonetop. Figured folks might like to see where I’m at. Questions & feedback appreciated.
High-level changes, for those who don’t feel like poring over it in detail:
– Aid and Interfere: replaced with two separate moves; no longer tied to bonds
– Defend: unchanged
– Defy Danger: slight tweaks to descriptions on when you use each stat; removed the “stumble, hesitate, or flinch” statement
– Discern Realities: super minor tweak (“Who or what is really in control here?”)
– Hack & Slash: rephrased the 10+ for clarity; mechanically unchanged
– Parley: no more talk of leverage or promises; very close to the AW 2e Seduce/Manipulate
– Spout Lore: you have to explain where you could have learned this before you roll (as opposed to asking you after the fact), so that the GM can couch their answer in those terms… this is very Stonetop specific; I wouldn’t necessarily advise it for most DW games)
– Volley: rephrased the trigger to apply to thrown/non-aimed weapons; changed “take what you can get” to roll twice and take the lower; removed the descriptive “have to take multiple shots” from the lose 1 Ammo option (because reconciling that with reload sucks)
– Struggle as One: new basic move, for defying danger as a group
And more changes to the Special moves than I care to write out. Plus the Follower Moves (originally seen in Perilous Wilds, but originally written for Stonetop).
(Layout by the esteemed Jason Lutes!)