10 things Death might ask you to give up in the deal:
1. Your vigor; You can only recover HP naturally by insistent pleading for several minutes before every rest.
2. Ready other to pass through his gates; When you see someone who’s about to die, you must say a prayer for them.
3. Your body, while you sleep; Various strange souls take control of your body when you’re unconscious, doing weird things.
4. Your greatest victory; It’s erased from time, it never happened.
5. Your trust; You must change all of your bonds to reflect your distrust.
6. A certain word; You cannot utter it ever again.
7. The grace of the gods; Nothing remarkable will ever happen to you again, until you manage to recover your place before the gods or create a place for your own.
8. Your glory; From now on, every major success will come at a cost of a personal failure.
9. Your left hand; It’s still there, but you no longer command it fully.
10. Your next day; Whatever you do in the next 24 hours, whatever you achieve, will be attributed and gifted to Death.
3 thoughts on “10 things Death might ask you to give up in the deal:”
I always had Death ask the player to find something seemingly mundane in the adventure ahead and break/retrieve/finish creating it, leaving the player to wonder why doing that was so important. Often it lead characters to irrational danger just to complete the task.
I love how all of these have little sound-bite definitions at the start… and many I’m stealing
There are some tasty ideas here
Comments are closed.