So, last night, Kathug, priest of Thalangul, “fell from grace” and has been stripped of all Cleric moves until he proves himself worthy. What are your ideas on how Kathug might regain favor in the eyes of his deity? Here’s some background….
1. Thalangul is a god of “laughing chaos” whose worship prevents plague. His symbol is the toad.
2. While exploring a dungeon, the cleric Kathug successfully called upon Thalangul (throwing in ALL of his remaining Favor) to bless his weapon so it could deal damage to the incorporeal foe.
3. Soon after, Kathug failed miserably while asking his god for additional favor. (We use the 2d6 table for TEST OF FAITH, so this was in fact “snake eyes” on test of faith. Ugh!)
4. Kathug and his comrades fled the wraith. It was later destroyed by the “ghostly guardians” summoned through the statue of an ancient dwarf lord.
5. A city-state, days away, has a temple of Thalangul. The nearest town has a shrine to Thalangul. A nearby village is afflicted with plague.
So… what’s a fallen cleric to do?