Inspired by Burning Wheel’s Circles
When you know someone who could help, describe how you know them and how they might help, and roll + CHA. The GM may ask you to write a bond with them.
* On a 10+, they could do what you need, and aren’t far.
* On a 7-9, they could do what you need, but choose 1.
* On a 6-, they can’t do quite what you need, and choose 2.
– They have a grudge against you or don’t trust you. Say why.
– They’re some distance away, the GM will say where.
– They’re caught up in trouble already, the GM will say what.