Here’s some content for a narcotic called Bliss that I introduced into my Roll20 campaign. It’s gone down fairly well in play, with The Fighter taking the tough decision to make a Last Breath roll to break the addiction, leading to a deal with Death that provided a brand new story thread!
You buy it in the form of an ice-like crystal cube from a “fixer”. You grate a little off to form a mound of fine powder, which you mix into your favorite alcoholic beverage. Your pupils dilate and you feel your mind expand. 5 uses, 2 coin for first purchase, price increases from there.
The first few times you try Bliss, you feel amazing, take +1 ongoing, and add the following questions to Discern Realities:
* Who here is also Blissed-out?
* What non-visible presence is also here?
This lasts until the next time you go to sleep. You are now addicted to Bliss.
When you are addicted, and crave Bliss, roll +CON. On a 10+ remove 1 Grim Portent (below), and if you have no more, you’ve broken the addiction. On a 7-9 choose one:
* Take a Grim Portent (below).
* Take some Bliss now, if you have some.
* You’re incapacitated for the day, sick, sweating, and writhing.
* Roll Last Breath, and if you survive, you’re free of the addiction.
Bliss Grim Portents
* You feel weakened, -1 ongoing to STR.
* You feel shaky, -1 ongoing to DEX.
* Your skin becomes pale, almost translucent.
Impending Doom: You’re in deep and near the Black Gate