Created two custom moves for my game tonight.
The first applied only to the druid who had morphed into a massive lion (valiothan)…
When you attempt to forcefully stop an iceworm, Roll+STR.
On a 10+ – you successfully redirect its movement, preventing it from going under.
On a 7-9 – You may pick 2…
– You avoid taking damage
– The iceworm does not re-enter the water
– You do not fall into the water yourself.
The second was for the players choosing to convert their sea-vessel into an ice vessel…
When you drag a ship out of water, designate one leader to roll. That leader will choose how he (or she) leads the others efforts.
Roll+Relevant Stat (the player explained how they would work with the others)
On a 10+ The ship is fine, and stable on the ice.
On a 7-9 The ship is up on the ice, but choose one…
1. The ship is on its side, and moves slowly
2. The ice is fragile & dangerous.
3. The ship is damaged irreparably, and will never sail again.
4. You attract unwanted attention
All the players who helped got to roll to aid, but only the best roll was used. The rest simply fed into the narrative.