Had an AWESOME first session this past weekend. Really love this system. I had a VERY creative Druid, for whom I already need to create a couple custom moves. I’d love some feedback if you have the time!
The party ran foul of Bakunawa (monster on pg. 245), and through some clever planning managed to get Bakunawa to ingest Goldenroot poison. Long story short: Druid was able to study Bakunawa and gained the ability to shapeshift into her. I allowed him to use Bakunawa’s ability to “lure with lies and illusions” and it was in severe danger of being OP. In hindsight, I could have said the ability was magic and thus he was unable to mimic it, but I said it was pheremones and thus it makes sense in the game fiction. So I made THIS move:
When you have shapeshifted into the form of Bakunawa and spend one hold to emit your pheromones, roll + CHA.
* On a 10+, targets clustered together see visions of their greatest desire. * On a 7-9 you do not control the vision your targets see.
The other move has to do with mushrooms the druid harvested from his homeland. After I questioned him as to their effects, he said that they grant a bonus to healing magic (he has a bond with the party’s cleric). I told him I would create a custom move to ensure that it’s not too OP. Let me know what you think!
ARCANE MUSHROOMS (three uses)
When you ingest the mushrooms Puck gathered from the far reaches of the desert, roll + WIS and brace yourself.
* On a 10+ choose two. * On a 7-9 choose one.
• You channel the energy of the Ancients when casting magic that mends, but doesn’t destroy. Roll the power of your spell twice and take the higher roll.
• You don’t fall down a rabbit hole of psychosis-induced paranoia.
• The Ancients grant you a moment of transcendent clarity, ask the GM any question.