Sharing from my current campaign. The players arrived at the ancestral homeland of the Lizardmen, i.e. the Fighters birthplace.
Upon questioning the player about Lizardmen, the following came up:
– Lizardmen are not mammals…
– … and as such they lay eggs, one egg at a time.
– The parents however do not incubate the eggs themselves!
– The eggs are incubated in huge nests located in a pyramid-like structure!
– The eggs are kept warm by keeping the pyramid warm.
– The pyramid structure is the single-most well-defended structure in a city
– A group of elite warriors are tasked with guarding all entrances, day and night.
– And what about the parents? Well, lizardmen can smell how closely related they are to other lizardmen, preventing inbreeding. They can also recognize their parents (and vice versa).
Just thought I would share. This is probably the coolest fantasy race I’ve had the pleasure of including in a game.