About 5 months ago, I proposed a list of new spells for Wizards, and several others here made some really great suggestions as well. That list seems to be lost in the depths of Google+, so I thought I might toss my original list back up, and see if we could get some more suggestions.
New Wizard Spells
– Conjure Grease (make things slippery and flammable)
– Magical Wall (block a direction or location with a certain number of HP)
– Affix Object (something becomes immovable, even in mid air)
– Spatial Awareness (gain knowledge of the space and moving beings around you)
– Language Relay (set up translation or long distance communication)
– Language Manipulation (improve or impede communication)
– Obscuring Mist (block senses into or out of an area)
– Animate Object (animate an object to follow your commands)
– Enervating Terrain (confuse and slow)
– Curse of Weakness (touch, inflict negative physical condition)
– Curse of Idiocy (touch, Inflict negative mental condition)
– Sapper’s Delight (move earth, dig trenches)
– Elemental Influence (produce or manipulate a small amount of an element)
If I remember correctly, because so many of these are “utility” spells, someone suggested that they be spells that can be learned at even levels. There was even a poster who suggested possible levels for the spells… I’m really disappointed that the whole thing seems lost.
Does anyone have any more recommendations?