Speaking of spellbooks, this came to my mind. #wizardweek
Spellfocus replaces spellbook
You prepare your spells from your focus. Spells are stored in this focus and you must spend time with it when preparing them. You start with 2 cantrips and 2 level 1 spells stored in your focus. Whenever you reach an odd numbered level, you learn one more spell of your level or lower and it’s stored in your focus. Choose one:
– An ancient magic tome of 1 weight. You learn one new spell also at even numbered levels, and you know one extra cantrip and level 1 spell right from the start.
– A tiny, supernatural familiar animal: describe it. It follows your orders, you can see through its eyes, and you may cast spells through it.
– A sorcerer’s staff of 2 weight and close range. You can prepare one extra spell level slot.
– A magic sword of 2 weight and close range. When you hold it, you deal +2 damage and have +2 armor.
– A dark lord’s crown. When you wear it, you can roll+Cha instead of +Int whenever you would roll for a wizard’s move and you have leverage against anyone as long as you have your highest level known spell prepared.
– A soulgem. It contains 3 mana holds. When you roll a 7-9 on a cast a spell roll, you can choose to loose one mana hold instead. You gain 3 mana holds when you prepare spells.
please, feel free to add to this list.