Here’s the Front I’m using tonight for the Chaos Sea boom harbor of Greatlune. Thanks to Jonathan Walton for asking the questions that got it settled in my head. I’m gonna fork at least four jobs out of this guy.
FRONT: Tension between townies and transient fortune hunters.
Townie religious temperance leagues make everyone sober and orderly
* kill the distillery demons and spirits; no more demon rum or spirits.
* poison the drink
* smash taverns, kill tavernowners, destroy the industry.
* erect an arcane wall that will protect Greatlune from demons and the spirits.
Fortune hunter riots get drunk and become marauders
The Outfitter’s Lodge absolutely eliminate anything that interferes with the greater business of Greatlune
* withdraw financing
* sabotage equipment
* disappear people into the Chaos
The Thieves’ Guild do what the Outfitter’s Lodge tells it to do
* run scams vs. approved targets — mostly new arrivals below a certain level of wealth / power / connectedness
Githzerai Monk-Marauders of the Chaos Sea drive off the stupid noisy fortune hunters who are interfering with their taming of the Chaos Sea
* destroy random fortune hunter Chaos Ships
* lightning raid vs. Greatlune
* divert massive earthmote / chaosteroid to collide with the Diamond Pier.
O Temperance leagues run wild
O Angry sober fortune hunters riot, sack parts of the townie quarter.
O Outfitters lose control of the thieves’ guild.
O Crackdown! Outfitters buy “reliable” half of the town and use it to kill the unreliable half.
O Outfitter anti-Githzerai patrols are radically cut down. Fortune hunters who are still working face emboldened Githzerai attacks.
O Risks too high, money stops flowing, investors flee for safety.
O Githzerai pirates damage the irreplaceable Diamond Pier.
O Fundamental supply chains broken, widespread hunger, food riots, severe depopulation.
Greatlune is torn apart. The current boom ends immediately and will not restart until some enterprising sorcerers rebuild the Diamond Pier.