Here’s a custom move I used recently to create new magic items. There is a dungeon that is sort of “infected” with some extraplanar power, and if you go into this one room, a bunch of that power can transfer to an item. It’s pretty long for a move, but that’s only because I wanted to have lots of modular options – you can put in any effect that’s appropriate for your campaign!
When you enter the chamber, roll+WIS. On 10+, the GM will name an object you carry and describe an enchanted effect. Take +1 ongoing with it, forever. On a 7-9, choose 1 from the Boons list and the GM will choose 1 from the Price list. Each time you use a Boon, expend 1 charge.
– It casts more than one shadow. The next time a use would be consumed or the object would be broken, a shadow disappears with a bloody scream instead.
– It bends and twists at angles that defy geometry. Add one range, not necessarily contiguous to the range(s) it already has.
– It is hidden, unable to be seen until used.
– It is convenient, always ready when you are. If it has the “reload” or “slow” tags, remove them. If not, you can always say when the item is in your hand.
– It is cruel. It must be ritually bathed in the blood of an innocent or a companion, dealing 1d4 damage (1 charge per HP of damage)
– It is deceitful. Sometimes the GM will ask you a question. Answer it truthfully. (3 charge per question)
– It is hateful, and it shares its spite (+1 charge each time you Interfere with a Good or Neutral act)
– It is spiteful, and it inspires envy, lies, and strife (+3 charge when you rewrite a Bond that includes the listed emotions)
On a 6-, it awakens with an intelligence and agenda all its own.